“Charlee was responsible for the marketing and website content for our business.”
“Her work was exceptional and always written to a very high standard.
I would have no hesitations in recommending her to future clients.”
Group Manager & Director, Laser Vision UK, 2013
Freelance Editor, Cengage Learning, Academic Publishers, UK. Ongoing editing projects for academic textbooks.
- Editorial Publishing assistance for Higher Education & Vocational texts.
- Consistent, ongoing work on new editions & adaptations, chapter mapping, editing, proofreading, copy writing, power point slides, image permissions & market research.
- Development of supplementary teaching & learning resources – digital and print.
Marketing & Events, Science of Life Studies 24/7 NGO, Cambodia/Remote. Overseeing website & marketing development for an NGO in Cambodia. Website Project: kh.sols247.org – largest educational NGO operating across Southern & SE Asia.
- Youth development work with underprivileged students aged 16 – 29.
- Leading the full concept, design, content and development of the Cambodian website, ready to template across four other project HQ growing in Laos, Timor Leste, Thailand and India.
- Negotiating a lasting, flexible strategy for constantly changeable cultures and conditions.
- Working closely with an international management board and creative design teams.
- Ongoing work training new interns, educational materials and building up an online presence.
- Attendance of events/conferences, report writing and contributing to external affairs.
Marketing Executive, Damteq Solutions, Web Design & Marketing, UK.
“Contributing massively to the business from every angle, constantly thinking outside the box to improve not only our own marketing strategy, but also our clients.” Adam Smith, MD 2013
- Helping to develop a start-up web design business in its first year.
- Managing all client & company marketing accounts
- Digital, SEO marketing & Social media, website, PR & Blog management
- Copywriting – all communications, corporate documentation, website content, company templates and marketing copy e.g. brochures, blogs etc.
- Monitoring analytics, action planning, consultations and monthly analysis reports
- Working alongside Director to develop business branding, operations and strategy.
Editorial Assistant, Cengage Learning, Academic Publishers, UK. Temp editorial and administrative publishing assistance.
“Proved herself a vital member of the team, working well under pressure… her sharp eye for detail and can-do attitude are impressive. I have no hesitation recommending her.” Claire Napoli 2013
- Proofreading and mark-ups for manuscripts
- Managing spreadsheets & data entry projects
- Copywriting back cover blurbs and validation forms for marketing/sales
- Competitor analysis, market research, image research & purchasing rights.
- Coordinating reviewer feedback on manuscripts and composing summary reports
SEO Marketing Assistant, Graduate Recruitment Bureau, Brighton UK. Organic link building, press releases and blogger outreach.
“Starting out as one of three simultaneous hires with the least experience, within weeks she ended up outperforming the others – a great testament to her ability and intelligence.” Dan Evans 2012
Receptionist, University of Sussex Student Union, UK. Managing all FOH communications, administration and enquiries.
“She is approachable, positive and the Students’ Union is so grateful for all her hard work. I would highly recommend Charlotte for any future employment.” Samreen Faria, USSU 2011
Graduate of English Language, 2.1 honors. University of Sussex, subsidiaries in Linguistics and Psychology.
- Freelance proofreading and copywriting (2yrs 1 month)
- Succeeding independently for four editorial work experience placements in London:
“She became part of our office and really proved herself in the short time she was here. She would be an asset to any employer.” Giselle Wainwright, Heat Magazine 2011
- [Journalism, Southern Daily Echo Newspaper]
- [Publicity, Headline Publishers, London]
- [Editorial, Woman’s Own Magazine, London]
- [Editorial, Heat Magazine, London]